Monday, May 30, 2016

WHEN THE TIME COMES TO RETURN TO DUST



In the early hours of today a year ago, I have had a live or death situation in the Emergency Room of a hospital. The doctor in charge there thought that I had a stroke attack.

I felt the numbness at most of my body and I could not speak and breathe well. Even though my average heart pulse was down below 50 per minute and the blood pressure was sometimes well below 90/70 but I still in the waking state and I then asked for a pen and paper to write a message that I don't want to be on a life support equipment should my health condition get worsen

I had my lovely wife and three children around the hospital bed at that time so I looked thoroughly at them, one at a time.  Our first and second children have already grown up and settled to have their own steady professional career and growing business but we still have our third child who were still in grade 12 at that time. So the thought that she will still need some years to be ready on her own and the thought of to be died soon of course made me very sad but at that very difficult moment, I really surrender my life in God's will

I have then gone through some months of slow health recovery but thank and praise God that I had that months to slow down my previously very workaholic life-style. I still until now have some degree of a workaholic life-style but not as I was before.

Having experienced that situation myself and by looking at many other realities of some relatives, friends or other people that I know, whom had no serious illness and in fact taking care of their health very seriously by regularly working-out and eat only the so-called healthy foods but all a sudden passed away, I really believe that the length of our life time  is really not in our control and nothing we can do to extend it when the time comes to return to dust.

30 May 2016

No comments: