Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Papa


We went to Cathedral Church at Central Jakarta attending the 6am mass as I and my family also wanted after the mass to visit my parents who live near by. It was not part of the Christmas celebration as my parents are Buddhist but we make it a habit to regularly visiting them.

We were on the way back home after visiting them when my daughter showed me a picture on her blackberry and asked me whether it is a picture of a tomb or not . That picture is used by one of her office colleague. “Merry Christmas, Papa” was shown beside the picture. That sentence is of course seemed usual as today is Christmas anyway but I suddenly thought that it could be that the person is remembering her father who has passed away and she still wants to send the greeting to her beloved father.

I do not mean at all to make the readers of this story to be blue at Christmas and my sympathy especially to those of you, if any, who might have similar situation as what I described. Family and Home, one of the six areas of life as defined by Paul J. Meyer in his Total Person - Wheel of Life ® - is often than not getting very little attention from us the these days due to the challenging and demanding business situation. Hopefully this short story would serve as a gentle reminder for all of us to always remember to treat our parents to our best effort and give our loving attention while they are still alive. We can feel their happiness when they have us visiting them, when they meet their grand children or maybe for some people who is lucky enough to be able to see their great grand children.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and may the magic of Christmas fills the world with peace and love.


25/12/2010
Husen Suprawinata
or follow my twitter: @hswinata

No comments: